Use these Christmas journal prompts as a way to explore your personal feelings about Christmas.
One of my favorite things about Christmas is taking time to record Christmas memories in my journal; writing about special things that happened and how I felt about the day.
The holidays can sometimes be an emotional time so journaling my feelings helps to create a balanced overview of the holidays; exploring the negative aspects as well as the positive.
Use this list of 25 Christmas journal prompts as a way to explore your own personal feelings about Christmas and for recording your own Christmas memories.
For a writing journal, you could use a plain writing journal or notebook, or you could use a more creative method such as this printable Christmas Planner and Memory Journal to keep a permanent record of events.
I’ve even made a free printable Christmas Journal Prompts page that you can download and use for convenient reference.
Download the Free Printable Christmas Journal Prompts
Christmas Journaling Prompts
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- How does Christmas make you feel?
- Do you spend Christmas day with family or friends?
- What does your Christmas day look like; what do you do and who do you do it with?
- What are you most grateful for at Christmas time?
- What do the words “holiday spirit” mean to you?
- What is your very favorite thing about Christmas?
- What would your ideal Christmas look like?
- What is a favorite recent Christmas memory?
- What is a favorite childhood Christmas memory?
- What is a favorite family Christmas tradition?
- If you could create a new Christmas tradition, what would it be; how would it look?
- What is your favorite holiday movie and why is it your favorite?
- What is your favorite Christmas song and why is it your favorite?
- What is a favorite Christmas gift that you’ve received?
- What is a favorite Christmas gift that you’ve given?
- Do you make your Christmas gifts or buy them?
- If you make your own Christmas gifts, who do you give them to and why?
- Do you have Christmas gift-giving traditions?
- What could you do to make Christmas more special?
- How has life changed for you between last Christmas and this Christmas?
- What is your earliest Christmas memory?
- What does your Christmas tree look like?
- Do you have special ornaments for decorating your Christmas tree?
- Do you cook special recipes at Christmas time? What are they and why are they special?
Save this pin to your favorite Pinterest board!