Use these Christmas journal prompts as a way to explore your personal feelings about Christmas.
Christmas is a wonderful time of year to spend with family and friends, enjoying the yearly traditions that you’ve built around Christmas and of course creating Christmas memories.
One of my favorite things about Christmas is taking time to record Christmas memories in my journal; writing about special things that happened and how I felt about the day. The holidays can sometimes be an emotional time so journaling my feelings helps to create a balanced overview of the holidays; exploring the negative aspects as well as the positive.
Use this list of 25 Christmas journal prompts as a way to explore your own personal feelings about Christmas and for recording your own Christmas memories. For journal prompts, you could use a plain writing journal or notebook, or you could use a more creative method such as this printable Christmas Planner and Memory Journal to keep a permanent record of events.
I’ve even made a free printable Christmas Journal Prompts page that you can download and use for convenient reference.
Download the Free Printable Christmas Journal Prompts
Christmas Journaling Prompts
- What does Christmas mean to you?
- How does Christmas make you feel?
- Do you spend Christmas day with family or friends?
- What does your Christmas day look like; what do you do and who do you do it with?
- What are you most grateful for at Christmas time?
- What do the words “holiday spirit” mean to you?
- What is your very favorite thing about Christmas?
- What would your ideal Christmas look like?
- What is a favorite recent Christmas memory?
- What is a favorite childhood Christmas memory?
- What is a favorite family Christmas tradition?
- If you could create a new Christmas tradition, what would it be; how would it look?
- What is your favorite holiday movie and why is it your favorite?
- What is your favorite Christmas song and why is it your favorite?
- What is a favorite Christmas gift that you’ve received?
- What is a favorite Christmas gift that you’ve given?
- Do you make your Christmas gifts or buy them?
- If you make your own Christmas gifts, who do you give them to and why?
- Do you have Christmas gift-giving traditions?
- What could you do to make Christmas more special?
- How has life changed for you between last Christmas and this Christmas?
- What is your earliest Christmas memory?
- What does your Christmas tree look like?
- Do you have special ornaments for decorating your Christmas tree?
- Do you cook special recipes at Christmas time? What are they and why are they special?
Save this pin to your favorite Pinterest board!